Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I am still out there....

Please forgive me for my lack of recent prose production...but the remodel of this OLD HOUSE, including itz 1920s wiring has made updating this blog from home very difficult during the deconstruction/construction project. A project that will take until October to complete...The bad news is that it may very well bankrupt us. The good news is that once this project is complete, we will be happier, better, and more committed US Citizens...Content in knowing in your hearts that we have done our part to help stimulate the Northland's economy by providing local employment for talented craftsmen and helping the nice bankers to get back in their yachts!!!

Things I am working on or need to get busy with: 1. Finishing up the last chapter of the Trans-Wisconsin; 2. Race Recap on the Levis-Trow 100 (it hurt me); 3. Critiques of recent books that I have read (including the weighty, Unbound: Women of the Long March, and WAR by S. Junger).

I am working on getting my immediate authorities (the wife and off-spring) to sanction me for participation in Salsa's 24 Hours @ Afton... Mostly because I want to support Salsa...because they are such a cool group of people and I am still planning on (and dreaming about) racing Solo at the 24 Hours @ Seven Oaks. I am getting in some quality rides, short but high paced...plus I have a solid base built up so I don't need a ton of time in the saddle right now anyway, but with this thing going on at home....Afton and 7Oaks may be my only races until October's Heck of the North...and then, of course, the real season starts with the Tuscobia 150 miler in December and the Arrowhead 135 in Late January 2011...

In brief: Kudos to Jason Buffington for an impressive effort at Levis!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?