Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Season is NOW about to begin...Rejoice rejoice rejoice....



The Ragnorak 105 commences on this upcoming Saturday in Red Wing, Minnesota. Red Wing is a picturesque river town that is adorned with majestic limestone bluffs and Victorian-styled mansions of yesteryear built in a better time, a time when "free-market" meant something; when the unfettered land, lumber, and shipping barons were unencumbered by petty societal concerns such as labor rights, affordable healthcare for the peasantry, gender equity, and stifling pollution regulations, but I digress…

As I put the cold blue steel blade to my grizzled old tottery legs in preparation for the first race of the season I silently weep the sweet tears of enthusiastic renewal. If or when “the excitement of the race” leaves me then I will know that it is time to embark upon a new endeavor, but to date that magical feeling of great anticipation for racing endures deep within my manly loin area. Although I know for certain that with the advancement of each year, my chances for a podium finish diminish; there still remains within a secret, albeit slight probability that I might pull off an upset. What if the top guyz get lost en route? What if the claims cited by the Brew Masters are true regarding scientific studies proving the positive relationship between the efficacy of beer consumption and athletic performance. I drink a lot of beer, more beer I bet than any other racer south of Duluth, plus beer has a ton of vitamin B12 in it, which unquestionably adds to my chances. May be, JUST MAY BE, if the conditions are less than perfect, and more than a few top guyz get flats, added to the extra time I have put in ingesting beer will all pay off in a podium finish for the writer? Stranger things have happened, or so I am told….In any event, look for the DBD’s Buffington and Eki to impress…as will the newly “geared” Kershaw…Thanks guyz of the Ragnorak for providing this wonderful opportunity...it is highly appreciated...

Note: Pramann will be sorely missed...but his return in the future will be cause for great merriment!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Mighty Farrow, and make sure the blade aint rusty before putting it to your logs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments?