Friday, April 13, 2007

"Music...thatz reason enough for me to believe in God." Kurt Vonnegut





A quick few quotes in honor of one of my favorite writers, Kurt Vonnegut, who died yesterday at the age of 84:

Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be.
Kurt Vonnegut

Human beings will be happier - not when they cure cancer or get to Mars or eliminate racial prejudice or flush Lake Erie but when they find ways to inhabit primitive communities again. That's my utopia.
Kurt Vonnegut

I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.
Kurt Vonnegut

Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter could be said to remedy anything.
Kurt Vonnegut

We could have saved the Earth but we were too damned cheap.
Kurt Vonnegut

Feeding the Rat: An hour and a half on a glorious day [94 minutes]...rode along the Lake Walk and then down to the end of Park Point. When I got back, I cleaned up my Kelly X-bike and tried to figure out the fastest tire combo for tomorrow's race...I really only have three tires to choose from as I am way tooooooo cheap to go buy tire(s) for a road race primarly on gravel. Last year, the conditions were such as to allow the really fast guys to ride road bikes equipped with regular racing tires, etc. Last year I went with old cyclocross tires, both of which are now completely worn out. This year looks to be similar conditions, but may be a bit softer in some segments of the course...I think I am going with the old bald Michelin Cross-Jet [33] on the back and either the relatively new, albeit very knobby Kenda cross tire [35] on the front or the Stans No-Tube Crow [2.0]. The Crow is considerably heavier because it is way wider [itz made for mtb racing], but I love that tire and itz very fast rolling, and I use these tires on my 29er on almost all the courses around here, Plus the Crow looks pretty cool on the Kelly. A negative for the Kenda is that I am worried that the prominent knobs will pick up gravel. Life is about give and take...I'll wait until I get there and ride around a bit to make my decision....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?