Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Not much to report...


Not much to report, after all itz my recovery week...I am fired up for my friend, Tim Ek, who is enroute to Decorah, Iowa to make ready for TRANS-IOWA III [T-I3]. T-I3 is a nonstop 322 mile bicycle race that makes a big rectangle in the great state of Iowa and itz all on gravel roads and there aint no support, baby. You want support, buy a jock cuz there aint no support and there aint nobody gonna be out there cheering you on either…It don't mean nothin'...no one cares...itz sick, but thatz what makes it so OUT-THERE, soo Primodial, sooo Compelling, soooo Adventureous!!! In fact, most of these guyz probably are leaving for this thing with angry wives, unsympathetic bosses, and maladjusted pets. Yeah these guyz are doing it for the love of the unknown and because for some of them…well they are just plain crazy…Apparently Iowa has more gravel roads than any other state in the union. Anyway, I am pumped for him cuz events like the one he is about to tackle clearly apply to what Nietzsche meant by “…if it does not kill you, it will make you stronger.” GOOD LUCK TIM EK…U gonna need it, Cowboy!

Also, we had Student Government Day at school today and it was really fun…I hate to admit it but I am really starting to like the Esko High School Class of 2007...and I fear that I am actually going to miss them. To be honest, I cannot think of one kid that I don’t at least find amusing and the fact of the matter is that it is a group of exceptionally talented, funny, and just real, darn-nice young people. It is one of… if not the most original and amicable group that I have ever had the opportunity to spend time with over the decade or more that I have been teaching. I don’t know what it is about Esko, but it sure seems to create nice kids…I hope a haven't permanently damaged any of them!

ADVOCATING ADVANCED ABSURDITY: An hour and 45 minutes, nice and easy [105 minutes]

2 comments:

Comments?