Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm back in the saddle...


I’m back in the game!!!...Got the bloody #%&$*&% yard raked and thusly earned the “thumbs up” from the benevolent, supportive, loving family leadership!!!

Although I pay a heavy price as this damned race is gonna cost me big-time for the powers-that-be are talking full-on summer landscaping projects, including a retaining wall!!! In the heat of the moment, I agreed, and so I am good to go...
I am also faced with a hard truth: The full extent of a Man’s degree of love for cycling is measured proportionally by his willingness to commit to yard work...

But I cannot think about mundane yard work right now....I need to pack for Iowa!!! Look for the author to provide wisdom, compassion, and empathy to the group as they fly across the back roads of America’s “fertile crescent.”
In exchange, the author will shamelessly draft off the youthful ones...
I dedicate my effort in this year’s Trans-Iowa to an elder statesman of the sport; namely David Pramann. Pramann has entered his Golden Years now and will be watching the epic drama in Iowa unfold from a restful quiet place... Rumors from his "new home" are that he is quite the cribbage player!!!

Grinnell, Iowa and Guitar Ted—Here I come....:) Note: I shall arrive with the good doctor on Friday afternoon...I will be the shorter one endowed with the boyish physique and the General McChrystal good looks...

4 comments:

  1. On your tomb stone it shall read; " Here lies the boy that cried wolf. You thought you had us going. In the words of teen-age girls everywhere-"NOT!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuckee you must provide more detail o your fertile crescent analogy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My next big cycling adventure is still a year away. But I've already had to up the yard work commitments. This one is going to cost me a lot of yard time. Right now I have $100 worth of raw lumber sitting in my backyard waiting to be transformed into a bridge over the water garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and good luck in Iowa. Looking forward to a full report.

    ReplyDelete

Comments?