Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Build II: Pushing it with a growing sense of excitment!


The Season, for me is 19 days out with the Cable Classic...Unfortunately I have to miss Jay Richard’s Maplelag spring opener…but there just is no way. Crystal, my wife has to work and it’s too far away to justify a baby sitter for Sophie…I need a miracle, but I doubt it is going to happen…I am somewhat comforted by the fact that I can still race there toward the end of the season, as the second to the last MNSCS race is at Maplelag.

I rode in to Esko again this morning with the plan to push it hard especially on the hills…I purposefully rode the hills using hard gears while remaining seated, the idea is to build power…I felt great!!! It was a beautiful morning…

During the morning commute, I started thinking about The RED ASSiniboine 300 and itz potential for a Zen-like encounter and a classic Dylan song came to mind [Note the last two verses are mine :)]

You may be an ambassador to England or France,
You may like to gamble, you might like to dance,
You may be the heavyweight champion of the world,
You may be a socialite with a long string of pearls

But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed
You're gonna have to serve somebody,
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

You may ride a Kelly bike made of U.S. steel,
because you may like the springy feel,
you may pray to be a big racing star,
but it may not be the deal
you're gonna have to serve somebody.

You may have a pure bred,
or you may have a mutt.
You may be able to ride
along time on your big wide butt,
you're gonna have to serve somebody.



Haranguing Hard-boiled Hedonic Hellions: Good training rides at or above aerobic pace with power efforts on the hills—[3 hours + 24 minutes]...strong head wind on the way home...

2 comments:

  1. I think Sams performance in last years Red Wing race is worth some thought for at least an honorable mention.I don't know if you were there or not but it was 114 degree heat index and before going into the singletrack on the start he clips his pedal on an off camber hill and is dead last entering the woods. He clawed his way up to Jay Richards sitting 3rd.He looses the sprint with Jay at the end taking 4th but from last to 4th in that heat is an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charlie,
    What time do you usually ride home from school? IF I am around maybe I could jump in the pace line for my way out, then come on home around the Becks road.
    Hansi

    ReplyDelete

Comments?