Sunday, July 22, 2007

Charlie's Summer Reading List:



In the Land of White Death by Valerian Albanov

Nansen, Scott, Shackleton, Amundsen, Mawson, Peary

If perchance the above names provoke a disconcerting, yet manly stirring deep within your loins; if these names from the golden age of hardihood conjure a sense of forlorn adventure that hauntingly pulls at the very core of your masculinity, then I order you to read Valerian Albanov’s In the Land of White DeathQuite simply, Albanov’s effort places him in the lofty truly heroic company of the above…If you have an ounce of manliness left in you---READ THIS BOOK, READ IT NOW!!!! And then immediately after reading, begin to think of Albanov in the same context as the afore mentioned MEN...These men among men would eat Lance and the other roadie boyz for breakfast...

1 comment:

  1. They had an I-Max movie at the science museum about Shackleton I think. I remember it vividly but I do remember it was one of the most heroic stories I've ever heard. It was the one where he had to leave his men for help because their ship got froze in and he treked over land and sea to get it right?

    ReplyDelete

Comments?