Saturday, January 19, 2008

Good training conditions....

Feeding but a mere morsel to the Rat: 2 hours and 10 minutes of easy riding tonight under a moon lit sky...I left at 6:00 in the fading light and turned my light off once I got to the trails. I rode up Lester and then over to Hartley...the single track at Hartley is in perfect condition while the sno-mo trails are primo...I rode for the entire time without seeing another soul (once I left the streets)...It was a perfect ride...I was plenty warm and I felt great!!!! If I wasn't in taper mode I would have gone for another two hours. I am really getting pumped for the Arrowhead...do I dare wish that these conditions hold????

I am pumped to see how da boyz did down in Iowa...Pramann is tough as nails, but Calahan has youth on his side...but since the race is comparatvely short, if I had to pick a winner, I'd have to go with Cully Todd or Team Tandem (the husband and wife team of the Eppens... real nice people) from Fat Tire and Ore-to-shore fame...

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree the conditions are primo. I didn't dare hope for the same conditions in two weeks in fear of jinxing it.

    I don't have a mountain bike to use in these kind of conditions. So I'll be using the Pugsley no matter what the conditions turn out to be. I have to tell you, these current conditions sure would make it a lot easier going on the fat tire bike.

    ReplyDelete

Comments?