Sunday, May 6, 2007

"Running on empty..."




Yeah...I am running on empty, but I am NOT looking for sympathy, thatz most definitely NOT COOL, but I have not eaten any food since Friday evening. While, I generally agree with the FDA that solid food is a required part of the essential food groups, I tend to build my nutritional foundation on a rather medieval concoction of dark roasted malt barley, whole hops, and yeast. If the fasting protocol required this product to be passed up, then indeed, I would seek public sympathy. In any event...got me thinking of Jackson Browne's Classic: Running on Empty--

Looking out at the road rushing under my wheels
Looking back at the years gone by like so many summer fields
In seventy-nine I was seventeen and running up one-o-one
I dont know where Im riding now, Im just biking on

Running on - biking on empty :)
Running on - running blind
Running on - running into the sun..........

"Biking the day before one's 'medical check', it ain't no good life, but itz my life..." cpf

My Maladroit Malfeasance towards Modern Medical Maneuvers, Medicines, and Mandates is thankfully but Momentary, lasting only until shorty after Monday Morning: I only need 80 minutes today to get my goal of 20 hours for the week...and I am gonna do it...Postscript: Got 'er done w/ 83 minutes easy "woosy" spin out towards Two Harbors...Total for the week--Just over 20 hours....SWEET!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?